Saturday, July 30, 2011

My new Bonz Booth Video

I'm really enjoying Bonanza!  One of the things I like best is the ease of communication.  It's easy to find people on Bonanza, easy to leave a message, easy to promote yourself.  There is no fear of getting silenced by the administration as long as I keep my talk reasonable and friendly. 

I recently discovered that Bonanza allows sellers to attach a YouTube video to their booth.  It's a great way to tell people who you are and what kind of things you sell.  It's also a great way to make that personal connection with your customers that you don't get to make on eBay. 

I probably spent too much time on my Bonz Booth Video.  But it was so much fun to make! I threw in some old pics of me as a kid; some I didn't even know existed until I started looking =) .

Have a look:




If you feel inspired to build your own video, let me make these reccomendations:

Download NCH videopad. I love the NCH software line.  They have the best "free" trial photo, audio, and video programs out there. There is a 14 day fully operational trial.

Make sure your images are not licensed by someone else. This is the tricky part of on-line media.  It's really too easy to steal content from other people AND too easy to get caught.  I suggest using family photos or images that have been marked by Creative Commons for use in promotional videos. The same goes for music and any sound bytes you might end up using. I was able to find some great music at http://www.incompetech.com/ that is free to use with a $5 donation, as long as you give credit at the end of your video.

No comments:

Post a Comment